Artist Connection Portal
The Artist Connection web portal is where you will be able to upload unreleased audio for distribution and approval. The content, or Projects, will be available for streaming through the Artist Connection app for mobile. Who can view and stream this content is determined by Users and Groups, that are set by the administrator. Any changes to authorized users and groups can be changed from the Artist Connection portal.
To begin using Artist Connection, it is recommended to follow these steps:
- Add Users.
- Create Groups.
- Add Artists.
- Add Albums and tracks
- Finally, compile finished albums into Projects.
Now that your studio is using Artist Connection, you’re going to want to add all the people who are part of your projects and anybody else you want to share your work with.
- Log into your studio portal
- Select Users > Add New Users
- Type an email of the user you’d like to add:
- Hit Return or click anywhere on the pop-up box to enter the email in
- Click Save. An invitation email will be sent to their inbox, and once they verify their information on the mobile app, they will appear as Enabled.
Once users are added to the studio portal, they are not given automatic access to all studio content. Only content that the user has been invited can be streamed on the mobile app.
Groups are a vital part of Artist Connection since they are how users are invited to stream content and how messaging and notifications go out to your team.
Do all steps from the studio portal:
- Groups > Pink Plus Icon
- Give your group a name and a description.
- Click Create Group.
4. Once you create the group, a section where users can be added.
5. Group Users > Pink Plus Icon
6. Either type search or scroll for emails in the info box and click each email you’d like to add to the group. Save.
7. Click Update Group.
The Media Library is a quick and easy way to access and visualize your media in Artist Connection. Create folders for different projects to keep all your content organized.
All uploading takes place in the Media Library. If you are creating an album and want to add content to it, create a folder and add content in the Media Library first.
In the Media Library, click the Pink Plus Icon to begin uploading your content.
Depending on your needs, select either Directory or File Upload.
Directory will create a folder.
File Upload will open up a browse window where you can select your media files.
Alternatively, you can drag and drop your files directly into Artist Connection.
Once your files begin uploading, you may navigate off the page. Uploading will continue.
Now that your files are uploaded into the Media Library, you can now create albums and projects with this content.
Begin by navigating to Projects and selecting Add New Project:
1. Title your project and give it a quick description.
2. Pick a beginning and end date. This is how long content will be available to stream through the mobile app.
3. Add Albums:
- Begin by click the Pink Plus Icon.
- This is will pull up a list of all current albums in Artist Connection. Scroll or search for the album you would like to add.
- Drag and Drop the album into the album field to add it to the project.
- Click the Pink Plus Icon again to close the search window.
4. Add Groups:
- Click the Pink Plus Icon.
- Search or scroll through the search window for the group you’d like to add.
- Drag and Drop the group into the group field to add it to the project.
- Once you drop it into the group field, a new window will appear. Make any necessary changes to group members. Click Next.
Users must be added through the User tab first. Once a user is added through the User tab, then their email can be searched and added to a group while within a project.
- Customize notifications. Here you can edit the notification subject and message. If none are checked, there will be no notification to new content.
- Click Add.
Don’t forget to click Create Project to post your project. Group users will be notified.
Sharing through QR code or with a shareable link are two easy ways to share content to people who are not going to become permanent end users. Since these two options are ways for users to experience content on the Artist Connection mobile app, both must be scanned or clicked on a mobile device. Clicking on the shareable link while on a desktop will fail to bring up any content.
If you choose to share content through URL, make sure that it is being viewed on mobile.
Artist Connection Mobile App
Upon logging in, you will see all the content that has been shared with you.
Swiping right or clicking the menu icon in the left corner will bring up the menu. If you have received a QR code, this is how you will bring up the scanner to access its content.
Clicking on an album on the homepage will bring you to the album so you can stream or download the content. Icons under the album artwork allow for further interaction with the content.
See below for more details.
The download function will save material for offline listening.
The i button will display any album/project details that have been entered by the studio administrator.
The conversation bubble will open up the Artist Connection Messenger which allows feedback to be passed to the studio without leaving the Artist Connection app.
TO BE COMPLETED FROM MOBILE DEVICE:
In order to sign up to Artist Connection, you must be invited from the Artist Connection Portal from a studio or administrator.
Once your information has been submitted in the Artist Connection Portal, then you can proceed with the registration process sent to your email.
1. Verify your email.
2. You will be redirected to the Artist Connection mobile application or be prompted to download Artist Connection from the App Store.
3. Enter in your information into Artist Connection.
- Password MUST contain 3 of the following:
- Upper case
- Lower case
- Special character
If you have forgotten your password, open up the Artist Connection mobile app and click Forgot Password?. Enter in the email for your account. Follow the instructions in the email sent to the one entered.
If you can still access your account but would like to change your current password, you can go to settings and update it there.